Due to the importance of the housing market to the UK economy, The UK government has ensured that estate agents and conveyancers will remain open throughout the second lockdown.
Activities that can continue during lockdown include:
- Visiting estate agents
- Visiting letting agents
- Visiting developer sales offices or show homes
- Viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or to rent
- Property visits for activities relating to a rental or sales of a residential property
- House moves
KEEPING US SAFE
With the current Stamp Duty Holiday on most properties up to a value of £500,000, it’s been a busy time with unprecedented interest from both buyers and sellers.
Here at Douglas Allen, we’ve put a number of measures in place to ensure the safety of staff and customers during this period.
“We’ve put in comprehensive measures to ensure our offices are Covid-19 secure and as safe as possible for both staff and customers,” explains Douglas Allen's Group Managing Director, David Lench. “Our office’s front doors are locked and any visits are by appointment only, with customers and staff wearing face coverings at all times, to hand sanitise on arrival and complete the NHS Track and Trace requirements.”
Other safety measures introduced include:
- Virtual Valuation option for those that would prefer
- Initial viewings taking place virtually
- Physical viewings only taking place if the buyer is seriously considering a purchase
- Viewings by appointment only
- Our agents will be in full PPE for all viewings and contactless valuations
- Sellers to vacate the property whilst the viewing takes place
- Compliance with NHS Track and Trace where possible
- Head office staff working from home if they can
Rest assured, at Wards safety is our number one priority during this challenging period.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
We understand you may have plenty of questions, so we’ve compiled a handy guide of FAQs: https://www.douglasallen.co.uk/covid19-faqs/